Suggest remedies for elevated albumin in urine

Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Hi I am facing the problem of albumin in urine .what can I do for better treatment.
Answered by Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query in Healthcaremagic.com.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.

I understand your concern.
But you have provided a very short history, and you have not mentioned your age, sex, any comorbidities like diabetes, hypertension etc or any medications you use.
In old age, hypertension, diabetes, obesity and kidney disease etc are main causes of such finding.
Whereas, infections, medications and kidney diseases can be the reason behind proteinuria at an age.

You must have done urine tests to find this result.
Kindly attach the reports too so that I can understand whether the proteinuria you are having is mild or severe.
Accordingly, treatment can be planned.
And kindly provide a detailed history with personal information and symptoms etc.

Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 23 minutes later
Albumin +++
Puss cell 5-10

Age 33
Female
Ectopic pregnancy 2 time
Gallbladder stone remove
Hypertension 140/90
Thiorid just borderline
Treatment XXXXXXX 500
Thyrox 50
Telista 40
Nerve b
Metilda forte
Answered by Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow as advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thank you for writing back and providing a detailed history.

You are having an urinary infection as evident from increased pus cells which might lead to increased albumin in urine. Alongwith, you have hypertension and are on medication for that.
Hypertension, longstanding, as I have mentioned before may lead to proteinuria.

Anyways, your urinary infection should be corrected and your blood pressure should be kept within normal range.
You are taking levofloxacin for your urinary infection I suppose. Do finish its course of 7 days or how long your doctor has advised.
Continue telista 40 for hypertension, it also helps reducing albumin in urine.
You can continue all other regular medicines you take. None of the above leads to kidney problems leading to albumin in urine.
Take plenty of water orally.
For now, not much needs to be done regarding increased albumin in urine apart from the above.

Get a repeat urine examination done after 20-30 days which will reveal your recovery or residual/recurrent infection if any.
Kindly follow up with the reports.
Accordingly, further treatment might be planned.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 28 hours later
Today doctor suggest me for renal biopsy .what is the next step for better treatment kindly suggest .this illness recoverable or not?
Answered by Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Renal biopsy is diagnostic

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
In adults, renal biopsy in done in long standing cases of proteinuria or in cases of suspected kidney damage leading to persistent symptoms. It is diagnostic i.e. the cause can be identified and treatment can be started accordingly.
So, as far as management of your problem is concerned, it is better to decide depending on the results of renal biopsy.
And yes, this illness in most cases is curable.

So follow your doctor's advice as clinical evaluation is equally important and it is not possible via online queries.

Get back with the reports if possible.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar