Suggest remedies for elevated ESR levels

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Any vitamins that can help reduce Esr levels??
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ESR itself not treated, need to find the cause of the increase

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

ESR is a marker. It is an indicator that there is an underlying issue. It does not give an idea of the problem present but a high ESR means that there is some source of inflammation in the body.

This inflammation may be due to allergies, infection, trauma, autoimmune disease (lupus, rheumatoid etc) or some form of cancer.

An increase in ESR means one of these may be present.

Treatment is not directed towards decreasing the ESR specifically but finding out why the ESR is high , finding the disease or condition that is causing the increase.

There are no vitamins to decrease ESR.

If your ESR is high, your doctor is going to try to find what condition is causing the increase, if it is significant (a small or slight increase is not a problem).

Then treatment would be directed towards the cause of the ESR not the ESR itself.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions