Suggest remedies for edema in the legs

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Over the last several months, I have noticed edema in my lower legs and ankles. I knowI need to be more active. Can you provide possible reasons for same and how to fix it? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further details needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. However, I would need some more details to be able to help you out.
* Do you have high blood pressure. Certain BP medicines like amlodipine can cause swelling of feet. Do you take such a medicine?
* Do you drink alcohol? Alcoholic liver disease can lead to low protein levels in blood and that could lead to edema of ankles and legs. Has your liver function test been checked recently?
* Any specific ailment.

I will wait for your response. Based on your inputs I will guide you further.