Suggest remedies for dizziness, chest tightness, tiredness and nausea

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have a mild sinus infection. My nostril breathing is normal. This morning I woke up with dizziness and weakness and tightness in chest. I'm also extremely tired and a little nauseous What do you suggest?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
URI

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with an upper respiratory infection. You are tired, nauseous, light headed and weak. This is probably a viral illness and there are no antibiotics that will change the course of the disease. The best things right now is to get plenty of rest, sleep and drink plenty of fluids. This may last 1-5 days.

To help with the some of your symptoms I usually recommend a cough syrup to stop any cough that may keep you up at night. A decongestant to help nasal congestion. For immediate reduction in nasal congestion a nasal spray will open your sinuses quickly but you can only use this for 1-3 days XXXXXXX

In summary
1. URI viral
2. No antibiotics
3. Cough suppressant
4. Decongestant oral or nasal spray
5. Rest and sleep as needed
6. Drink plenty of fluids

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions