• question-icon

Suggest remedies for dislocated elbow in left arm

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i have problem with my elbow bone in my left arm

it seems dislocated, does it require a surgery or operation
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
X-ray needed for confirmation.

Detailed Answer:
If the elbow is actually dislocated and the dislocation happened not more than 3 weeks ago then closed reduction is a possibility. If the dislocation happened more than 3 weeks ago then surgery may be needed to fix the deformity.
It is best to get an X-ray done and consult an orthopedician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon