• question-icon

Suggest remedies for diarrhea

Posted on Fri, 27 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have had diarrhea for 6 days. I have lost 4 lbs. is there for concern. I am a diabetic I do take insulin.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
Loosing weight following an episode of diarrhea lasting for several days is not uncommon. Probable reasons are loss of bodily fluids and improper ansorption of consumed food etc..
If diarrhea has stopped completely, then there is no need to worry, if not you have to get stool examination done for stool sample microscopy and culture sensitivity and receive a course of antibiotics by consulting your physician.
Eat healthy as there are no dietary restrictions and consume lots of fluids.
wishing you good health.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Medical Consultant.
Ebix, Inc.
YYYY@YYYY

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Naveen Kumar