Suggest remedies for dental abscess
Go for local anaesthesia injection, take Narcotic pain killer..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
I have gone through your query and really feel bad about your husband's pain..
As he has a dental abscess that is formed when the tooth infection progresses below root tip of tooth..
It leads to formation of pus below root tips which puts pressure over nerve fibres leading to excruciating pain..
As of now you can take him to Emergency Room and ask them about giving a local anaesthesia injection..
It will relieve pain to some extent in a few minutes.
You can also ask them to prescribe higher painkillers like Tramadol or Ketorolac that can relieve moderate to severe pain..
You can also do cool compresses over the swollen cheek..
This is all about getting temporary relief..
You should also visit your dentist soon because till the time the pus will not be drained off he will not get complete relief..
The dentist can either start with the first sitting of root canal treatment in which he will drill a deep hole in tooth under local anaesthesia and make an escape way for pus..
As pus will drain off immediately relief will start occurring..
In case if tooth has an extensive decay extraction of tooth can be done..
The medicines which are already advised to him that is Clindamycin , Vicodin and Ibuprofen has to be continued.
Any further questions are welcome..
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Magnesium sulphate dental abscess
- Dental abscess emedicine
- Dental abscess white spot
- Ornidazole ofloxacin for dental abscess
- Smoking marijuana with a dental abscess
- Rocephin for dental abscess
- Ornidazole in dental abscess and infections
- Dental abscess zinnat
- Will ceftriaxone help dental abscess
- Dental abscess runny nose
- Suggest treatment for radiating pain in jaw
- Suggest treatment for raised bumps on tongue
- What causes cramps and weakness post intake of Clindamycin and Oxycodone?
- Is Tylenol advisable for pain while on Ramipril and Atorvastatin?
- What causes gum sensitivity along with puffiness and sensitivity inside...
- What causes a painless patch inside the left cheek?
- What causes bleeding gums while brushing?
- What causes lower front teeth pain and bleeding gums while on Storvas?
- What causes severe tooth pain post a root canal?
- Suggest remedies for dental abscess