Suggest remedies for dark skin

Dr. Dholariya Sagar Jayantilal

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hellow sir/madam
I am from XXXXXXX and i am 23.5 years of age.Recently i have been going for swimming in near by pool for exercise and i think my fairness may have decresed.The authorities there use chlorine for disinfection.I dont feel any itching on my body.I am taking medicines SIZODON 1, DICORATE, SERTA 100.
please suggest me the best fairness cream for both face and other body parts like hands.Is vaseline a very good brand.Did the people who used it get desired results.
Answered by Dr. Dholariya Sagar Jayantilal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
just be calm & follow this.

Detailed Answer:
hello dear.
i am happy for sharing your problems.
you took your drugs ,that does not create problems,so be calm & happy.
- Chlorine is highly harmful for your skin.it will make your skin dry and also aids the skin in losing moisture excessively. Take a shower with lukewarm water & soap for rid of the chlorine in your skin.
- Put lots of moisturizer on your skin after a bath. It is also a good idea to apply a light waterproof sunscreen lotion like lotus sun block SPF40,neutrogena fine fairness sunscreen SPF70,calamine lotion,aloevera gel...
- Banana is known to be a good cleanser. Use a banana pack to reduce the dark spots around your face, neck, arms and legs. Let the pack be till it dries up completely and then rinse.
- Drinking lots of water, a regular intake of fresh fruits and vegetables with vitamin C and A will give your skin that much needed glow.
yes vaseline is good brand ,you can use it also.
hope this will help you.
feel free to ask your query .
best regards.
Dr XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Dholariya Sagar Jayantilal 2 hours later
thanks for the reply

Please tell me when i should apply water proof lotion as mentioned in the reply.Should i apply it before going to swimming.If that is the case how much time after applying it should i start swimming so that the applied layer of cream or lotion is able to do its duty.

Brief Answer:
As mention below

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome back and happy to see you again.
You should apply the waterproof sunscreen lotion 15-20 minutes before going to swimming. So in this time lotion will be absorbed and work effectively.
Hope I answered your question.
Feel free to ask any additional questions.
Thanking you with best regards
Dr. Sagar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Dholariya Sagar Jayantilal 13 hours later
Thank you

Would you please suggest me the best fairness cream which will help to SIGNIFICANTLY improve my skin tone.I am NOT looking for a product the makes me look fairer because of the product's cream's colour or layer on my skin and face, but because of my improved skin tone as a result of the product's very good long lasting effect on my skin and face
Answered by Dr. Dholariya Sagar Jayantilal 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
AS MENTIONED BELOW.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear.
I am not saying 100% that ,this cream give you 100% results,because it depends on person to person.
It is also depend on how many times your skin expose to sun & chlorine .
If your skin is repeatedly expose to sun & chlorine ,then result of lotion also alters.
Earlier ,i was recommended some lotions,which are good & effective.
hope you understand.
best regards.
dr XXXXXXX