Suggest remedies for dark pigmentation of the skin

Dr. Neel Kudchadkar

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am facing some issues of skin darkening...and skin pores are very much visible on my cheek and beside my nose how to tighten them back my face skin is mixed type and i can feel my skin dull and i also have blemish i have stayed in XXXXXXX for few years..used lot of sun screens SPF 50 but they did not helped a lot u got some patches of dead skin may be...it feels dead and streachy and dry which is of skin colure hope u r understanding what i am saying ...please help i occassinaly drink .... But no smoking...i workout and eat healthy ...one more thing i have flakes in my head..my hair is premeture turning grey..i have long hair..had to colour them..
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can use Hydroquinone skin bleaching cream. Highly effective.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

I suggest that you use this cream combination. This is called Melalite XL and contains three
important ingredients.

1) Hydroquinone - this bleaches dark spots. 2) Tretinoin 3) Mometasone Furoate.

You can try Melalite Forte that has 4% of Hydroquinone as opposed to 2% in Melalite XL.

You need to use it for 8 weeks and then stop.

While using this - use a moisturizer and sun screen powder instead of lotion.

As for your second issue - I suggest you use Nizral shampoo - Ketoconazole, an antifungal, to eliminate flakes.

Premature greyness of hair may stop if you use antioxidants - High doses of Vitamin C - 1000 mg and above - However, this is controversial. The best way is to color the hair.

I hope this answers your queries. Please note that these medications are available OTC.

Thanks.
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 9 hours later
thank you sir, can you please let me know how to use the medicene..in night or day ..can you please also let me know what brand moisutriser or day/night cream i should /can use for better result.... any facewash if u want me to use any

....lastly my hand is badly tanned is there any thing i can do for it..or leave to recover on it's owon...
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Instructions for applying Hydroquinone cream, sunscreen and moisturizer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

The Hydroquinone cream, for lightening the dark areas of the skin is extremely effective and potent.
You will get rapid results, so don't use it for more than 8 weeks, because most of my patients get the results within 10 days or less.

The name of the cream id Melalite - there are 3 Melalite combinations available - buy any 1, and note that these are available at any drug store or pharmacy without any prescription.

Note that Melalite cream should be used at night before going to sleep. You need to lightly rinse your face, and apply it on the dark areas.

Melalite cream dries the skin, so you need a moisturizer. I will give you some good advice. Buy Dove soap and wash your face with it and buy Vaseline moisturizing lotion. This is commonly available everywhere and you shoud have no problems.

For maximum effects, please buy "Biotique" suncreen lotion as you have specifically asked me to name a brand. It does not matter what the SPF factor is.

Apply the sunscreen in the morning. Use Melaltite at night. Apply the moisturizer cream twice a day in the morning and evening.

You can apply melalite on your hand without sunsceen or moisturizer.

I have answered all your questions. Everything is clear.

Have a nice day,
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D