Suggest remedies for dark circles on the ankle
Various suggestions for dark circles.
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.
I can understand your concern for the dark circles which is a common problem now a days.
To tell you simply regarding your problem: our skin is a mutilayered structure. The most superficial layer is known as "epidermis". This layer contains the specific cells known as "melanocytes" which produces color giving pigment known as "melanin".
In all of us the numbers of these cells are fixed, meaning all of us whether fair or dark complexion have the same number of these melanocytes in our skin. But there is different activity of these cells inter-individually as well as at different area in same person. In your kind of cases the skin around eyes, the melanocytes are producing higher than normal color so it appears more darker than rest of the skin.
Along with above fact one important fact is that the skin around the eyes is the thinnest skin on our body. That means we don't have that amount of underlying fat which is present on rest of the skin. This underlying fat have bit of beneficial effect in masking the dark color of the skin. So also any slightest of the change in this area around eyes will produce more appearance of darkness.
There are many a factors for the dark circles such as genetical (if present in your family members), nutritional ( due to improper diet), improper daily schedule (including lack of exercise, yoga and improper sleep) and last but not the least due to stress of any kind).
In my patients I suggest following regimen to get betterment:
- Stop the application of any kind of cosmetic products containing fragrance in it.
- Do some eye exercises. There are special yoga techniques for eyes.
- Take the best sleep of at least 8 hours per night.
- Go for your hemoglobin check and if it is low then take good diet.
- Eat the best of nutrients in your diet. Include at least 3-4 seasonal fruits, salads, green leafy vegetables, sprouts and over night soaked and peeled almonds in every day's schedule.
- Reduce your stress level.
There are certain medications in cream formulation such as Kojic acid with arbutin or Azelaic acid and glycolic acid with newer combination creams used under dermatological guidance giving you good results. You may need certain good vitamin and minerals especially containing iron in it for early improvement.
I suggest you to personally consult a dermatologist and have good follow ups of at least 3-4 months for best results.
A long term follow is required with patience to see best results.
For the birth mark on face and mark on ankle I request you to kinldy send few good resolution pictures of the affected area so that I can analyze and guide you best. For the same you have a feature on the right side of page.
Hope this information will help you.
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the best natural remedy for dark circles
- What is the remedy for dark circles
- Suggest medicines for dark circles under eyes
- Recommend a remedy to get rid of dark circles
- Dark circles on the face acne need a remedy
- Having dark circles from a long time remedy
- Suggest treatment for dark circles
- Under eye dark circles remedies
- Have dark circles dull skin due to allergy suggest remedy
- Have extremely dark circles all around eyes suggest some remedy
- Marks on penile shaft, looks like wart and is rough. What could it be?
- Have red raised skin with clear pus pores on arm. Using neosporin on it....
- Has dark patches on inside of upper lips. What could be the reason for...
- Have small pimples on foreskin. How to remove this?
- Have had a rash near anus it does not itch. Tried Hydrocortizone, no...
- Had a blood draw. Having a bruise or rash at that spot. Should I be...
- Have itchy pimple on penis. No relief after applying cream. Which...
- Have blood blister on mole. Had removed it. Possibility of melanoma?
- Has rash that looks like pimple. Treatment?
- Having scalp abscess. Scalp open up several layers with lesions and...