question-icon

Suggest remedies for dark bruise on the back

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016
Question: I have bruising on the middle of my back in perfect circles that won't go away. On occasion my back will just around the area but it mostly feels okay
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (52 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please, upload an image of these circles for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these red circles that you have reported and all the inconveniences this must have caused you. I have reviewed the information and would like to inspect an image of these spots. This way, I can provide a personalized and helpful response to you.

To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah (16 minutes later)
Thank you for the response. The bruising is actually better than when it started but the white spots remain and seem to turn red and dry out when sun hits it.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (47 hours later)
Brief Answer:
These white spots seem to be like vitiligo!

Detailed Answer:

These white spots are suggestive of vitiligo. This is a whitish discoloration of areas of the skin. This may be related to disease of the immune system. I suggest you get this evaluated by a dermatologist for evaluation and management.

The bruising will eventually fade away and there is no reason to be worried about this.

Keep me update on what your immediate thoughts are.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah