• question-icon

Suggest remedies for dandruff

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Sir/ Madm,

My self surendhra, my problem is few ways back i have full of dandruff over my hair for i used some normal shapoo . Even dandruff not left for that i shaved my head. I noticed so many black big sopts or what they call also i dont know! I very much tensed kindly help me what are thoses spots and why it will come
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for resitant dandruff and spots/ patches on scalp

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr. kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern. I have viewed the images.

The images are not very clear, however you seem to have either seborrheic dermatitis of scalp or scalp psoriasis. Both these conditions present as persistent scaling i.e resistant dandruff and either red or hyperpigmented dry, scaly patches on the scalp. Treatment for both is similar.
I suggest you to use Protar lotion for shampoo. Use it daily. Lather it well on wet scalp and allow it to act for 10 minutes before rinsong it off. It contains coal tar and salicylic acid which would help reduce scaling and patches. In addition you may also use a topical steroid e.g topisal 6% lotion for overnight scalp application for 2 weeks. Both these are prescription medications and I suggest that you visit a dermatologist in your vicinity for the needful.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Thank You very much doctor for your quick reply,

At the time i have some black sopts on head and back thoses spots to be removed. Now dandruff is not there at same black big spots are on my head. Thoses sopts to be clear and expecting normal skin back and my head.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Remedy regarding dark spots on scalp

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Those dark spots are due to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The medicines I have suggested would gradually lighten those spots as well so I advice you to use the same i.e protar shampoo and topisal 6% lotion

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist