Suggest remedies for constipation and enlarged hernia

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 24 Sep 2016 in Lump
Question: I am still having trouble passing stool. I have taken Medimusal and MiraLax. In the past I took Phillips Magnesia every other day for a long time, not now. My
Doctor said that may be the problem. I have a enlarged hernia, no pain. Could that be the problem? Should I have a colonoscopy? Last one, 10 years or more. I am 83 years old. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Colonoscopy has to be done.

Detailed Answer:
Yes, you definitely should have colonoscopy done. Please do not wait with it. What kind of hernia do you have? Is it inguinal hernia or hiatal hernia? Inguinal hernia can be the reason of your symptoms.
Hiatal hernia can not.
Once again, colonoscopy has to be done. Otherwise it can get worse.