Suggest remedies for collagen regeneration in skin

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello,

Please direct my question to Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX He has previously answered my queries and will be helpful.

This is regarding collagen production.

Does in our day to day life collagen production keeps happening?

What would be the key reasons if the collagen production has stopped or is not triggering to the same extent?

Is there a natural way or any other way apart from procedures to trigger collagen production so it can smoothen out the skin

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Re : collagen regeneration

Detailed Answer:
Hello young fellow,

Welcome back and thanks for posting your further concern to our forum.

Our skin is a multilayered structure with superficial and deep layers. The specific layer of dermis has special cells which keep on producing collagen throughout our life. It is maximum in young age and declines a getter 30 years as the age progresses. The low production of collagen in the skin is the reason for getting aging lines and wrinkles post middle age.

You can imagine collagen in skin just like air in the baloon. As the air in the baloon recedes the surface becomes saggy. The same phenomenon occurs with skin and collagen.

Other than that if there is any damage to the dermal skin such as by scar formation or by big pimples it can get reduced.

In natural way out diet plays the most important part in collagen regeneration. Vitamin C containing diet with antioxidants are most important in regeneration of collagen.

I suggest my patients to take lot citrus fruits along with all yellow and red fruits are the main source of above.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology

Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Hello Sir,

Thanks for the explanation .

Sir I do understand that you had asked me not to use Retino A as my skin already tends to remain red. But otherwise just for my knowledge if down the line after few months if i use it then does it have any side effects for long term use ?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can very well use the product in future.

Detailed Answer:
Hello young fellow,

Welcome back and thanks for further follow up.

Retino A is good product to be used for collagen regeneration thereby reducing the visibility of the scars. But the side effect is dryness of the skin with excessive redness. There is no side effect on long term usage and can be safely used except for the part of redness and flaking off and on.

So if down the line after few months if you use it then there are no side effects for long term use. You can very well use the product in future.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology