Suggest remedies for colic problem in an infant

Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Child Health
Question: Hi m XXXXXXX my 6 week daughter have a colic problem she cries a lot due to this please tell me that is it safe to give her XXXXXXX drop
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Give good burping, tummy time and colicaid drops

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I understand your concerns but don't worry. This age is prone to infantile colics. You may easily deal with this by good burping and tummy time. This will improve her peristalsis and helps in relieving aerophagia.

Make sure your baby isn't hungry or tired when you set her tummy-down. On the other hand, don't place her on a full belly, which might be uncomfortable. (Wait about an hour after feeding to avoid spit-ups or infant acid reflux.)

When she starts to cry — even if it's only been a minute — try to coax her a bit longer by talking with her or playing with her. When she's had enough, pick her up and try again later.

Her tolerance for tummy time is likely to increase gradually with experience and a bit of coaxing. And many babies are more content on their tummy once they can roll over and it becomes a matter of choice.

In case, the colics still persist then you may give colicaid drops instead of any other 'Fatima drops' for relief. Colicaid drops are better and safe to use.

Hopefully it will be of help.