Suggest remedies for cold sores

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I had strep recently. I did not finish the entire course of antibiotics but took it for enough days that it went away. Now for the past two week I have been getting styles and cold sores. When they heal another will sprout. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
are they cold sores?

Detailed Answer:

getting cold sores one after another is very uncommon, so are you sure they're cold sores? Has a doctor diagnosed the lesions? They could be other types of ulcers for example. Valtrex usually works well with herpes so this is a good option for treatment.

Streptococcus does not seem to be connected to the series of attacks although any infection may precipitate herpes attacks (single attacks though).

Please get back to me with more information and perhaps some good quality pictures of the lesions...

Kind Regards!