Suggest remedies for chronic fatigue and insomnia in a hypertensive patient

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: My job has me sitting at my computer a lot. I am 30 pounds overweight. I use a cpap mask. I have high blood pressure, restless legs. I have a Trainor and do weights 2 times weekly, I walk on a glider at the YMCA 4 times a week. Sometimes my legs feel weak and have no energy, actually my whole body feels that way at times
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Life style changes with regular exercise.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Fatigue is a feeling of tiredness or exhaustion or a need to rest because of lack of energy or strength. Fatigue may result from overwork, poor sleep, worry, boredom, or lack of exercise.People suffering from certain medical conditions (for example, chronic fatigue, insomnia may describe feelings of total body weakness, referring to feelings of fatigue malaise,lassitude or tiredness.
Following tests are recommended
Complete blood count
Hemoglobin levels
Vitamin B12 levels
serum calcium and vitamin D
Anemia some times also cause the same symptoms.
Try to eat a balanced diet and follow a healthy life style
Some General suggestions are
Some general precautions are
Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
Drink plenty of water.
No smoking or alcohol.
Sleep daily for at least 8 hours
Use CPAP as adviced by respiratory doctor.
Eat lot of organic vegetables and fruits.
Avoid spicy,oily and fried food.
For weight loss supplement called hoodia with acai berry can be used.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana