Suggest remedies for chest tightness and hypoxemia

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 in Accident and Emergency
Question: mva 31816. head on, restrained driver.ct scan and blood work all wnl. today sob, pulse ox shows 90%. chest tight and uncomfortable. what should I do.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Evaluation at emergency room is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Low blood saturation with oxygen is mainly related to lungs dysfunction, and, in case of motor vehicle accident, traumatic damages of chest and lungs such pneumo-hemotorax, pulmonary contusion, etc. should be considered and evaluated further.

If you didn't suffer previously by pulmonary diseases that may affect blood oxygen saturation, I think you should go to ER and get evaluated medically, by tests such chest x-rays also, in order to have a correct diagnosis of your condition.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 7 hours later
They said everything came back normal. Is it posSibley that this could just happen later?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Low blood oxygen saturation needs an answer.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

If your chest and lungs function were assessed fully, it is very unlikely to happen later on.

If there was not a CT scan of chest and lungs performed, we cannot be sure and small damages that may expand later is a possibility.

However, low blood oxygen saturation needs to be considered and evaluated in no time.

Greetings.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical