question-icon

Suggest Remedies For Chest Pain Along With Cough

Posted on Sat, 18 Nov 2017
Question: Hello: I wake up with a ball of pain in my upper chest which dissipates and then turns into throat tightness with some trouble swallowing but no sore throat per say. Then I have a persistent cough throughout the day which lasts for varying amount of time. Lungs are clear. I wish I could have some sort of medicine to open up my upper chest. RIght now it very demoralizing. I've tried everything. Using special powdered drinks to enhance my immune system. Meditating. 2-5 aspirin a day. Any ideas ?My Dr. gave me cetirizine, but I don't think that has anything to do with throat tightness pain in throat and chest tightness
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Reflux disease

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
All the symptoms are suggestive of gastric acid reflux disease. The feeling of lump and tightness is because of acid reflux only.
Avoid taking so much aspirin.
Take an antacid regularly for around 2 weeks.
Avoid any aerated drinks or spices.
Drink plenty of water.
Avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
Take small but frequent diets.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist