question-icon

Suggest remedies for bumps in genital area

Posted on Sat, 23 Jul 2016
Question: I have something like jock itch and I'm a 70 year old female widowed. I have been putting otc creams on it to stop the itching. It doesn't itch as much now and the swelling in my groin has gone down but there are b umps all over. Am I treating this right or is this something else besides jock itch? YYYY@YYYY

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Oral antifungal therapy is required.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I can certainly understand your concern.

I have worked through your query in detail.

You seem to have inappropriately treated, residual Jock itch that's flaring up.

You need systemic( oral) antifungal therapy for complete cure.

I generally prescribe oral pills of TERBINAFINE 250 mg once a day for 2 weeks.This drug will offer complete remission.

Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe them to you.

Continue with the topical therapy of Clotrimazole and Miconazole.

Also remaining medications need to be continued for other medical issues.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Dr. Suresh Heijebu