Suggest remedies for boils on face

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Past few months I have started having boils on my face. I had consulted a Dermatologist as there are big boils developed and she had suggested for BENZAC AC GEL 2.5%.
Post which the boils went off but now small boils are coming again and again.
I am presently using Sebonac Gel every night still its not helping
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly send details & pictures of affected area.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the boils occurring repeatedly in last few months.

In view to help you best I request you to kindly upload few good resolution pictures of the affected area. For that you have a feature on the right side of the page.

Do also let me know if you have had any stress during last few months or any long term exposure ot sunlight or any history of application of creamy or oily products or any facial massage in Las few months.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Hi

I have added previous image which was prior to taking the meditation and now is the Present Image
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Recurrent Folliculitis: various suggestions

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your pictures. After diligently examining the pictures with diligence it seems that you are suffering from the problem of "Recurrent Folliculitis". To tell you simply - This is a condition of inflammation and infection of the hair root and oil gland attached to it.

To explain it medically, we have hair all over our body which have opening of the oil glands attached to it. By many a factors these hair root and oil gland can become inflamed and infected leading to folliculitis.

The reason for the inflammation and infection of the area is due to the fact that our body harbor multiple types of bacteria on the skin which are known as “Normal flora” of the skin. A bacteria “Staphylococcus aureus” is also a part of that flora, but as soon as there is some break in the skin or trivially also due to bit ups and downs in immunity, the bacteria gets access into the skin and causes the aforesaid process of inflammation and infection. The main concern is when it is occurring frequently and regularly.

Your doctor has provided good topical treatment which prevents the bacteria to proliferate or cause inflammation. You can continue the same. There are certain important tips to prevent the further prevention of your problem:

1. Do not pinch, pop or even try to touch any of the area of boils.

2. Kindly avoid scratching any area of normal skin also, as it leads to minor entry points for the entry of bacteria.

3. Do not apply any creamy or oily products over face as it can block the pores.

4. Maintain proper hygiene and take two times daily bath.

5. Avoid reverse shaving of the beard area as it causes more inflammation.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology