Suggest remedies for blocked vision when diagnosed with ophthalmic migraines without headaches

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: yrs ago dx with ophthalmic migraines without headache. Now with vision with ziggly lines, certain areas of vision blocked, and headache. Have become frequent this week. This only lasts 1-5 mins.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy suggested below.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
The most likely diagnosis is migraine.
If you have no contraindication to the use of beta blockers, 10 mg of Propranolol ( Inderal ) twice a day and Topiramate ( Topomax) 25 mg at bed time would belp reduce the recurrent episodes and severity of the attacks.

Do get back to me if you have further queries.