Suggest remedies for bladder infection in a person with fibromyalgia

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My cousin has edema of her legs following a bladder infection. She has a slightly elevated white blood count, but she aches all over. She has no appetite. Probably no fever.
History of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. Takes medication for Low Thyroid.

Should I take her to the ER or have her follow up with her doctor on Monday?
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Advice to go to the emergency room

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking your question at healthcare magic

Onset of edema following a bladder infection definitely need medical attention as soon as possible, as the symptoms may be due to the spread of infection to kidney (pyelonephritis)

I'd recommend that your cousin need to be taken to the emergency room for further management.

Hope I was able to answer your question
Please feel free to address any more concerns
Dr.Lekshmi

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad