question-icon

Suggest remedies for benign brain tumor

Posted on Fri, 8 Dec 2017
Question: Gamma knife 6 months ago. Benign brain tumor
Having shallow labored breathing
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Need more information for management

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, thanks for asking from HCM.

I can understand your concern. You have undergone gamma knife surgery for some brain tumor 6 months ago. Now you are having complain of shallow, laboured breathing. It could be due to

- Sudden increase in edema at tumor site

- Herniation of brain

- Seizure episode

- Anxiety and panic attack

- Pulmonary embolism if bed ridden

- Chest injury or infection

As there is not much information, I can not rule out between these causes. However to get relief, you can

- Sit and lie down at 45 degree angle elevation
- Calm yourself and take deep breaths
- If you have accessibility of oxygen, use it.
- Consult doctor or ER as soon as possible.

To make some diagnosis, I need some answers like

- Is there any chest pain, fever, chest injury or history of respiratory disease?

- Is there any history of sedentary life style or weakness of limbs?

- Is there any headache, vomiting, blurred vision?

- Any history of anxiety?

- Is there any history of sudden mental stress, not able to focus?

These answers help me to find the cause. Hope you will understand my point.
Please let me know if you have any doubts. Thanks. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Ishu Bishnoi

Neurologist, Surgical