Suggest remedies for auditory hallucination

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: I HAVE WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD IS AUDITORY HALLUCINTIONS. Mine is more musical combined with noises. I don't hear voices but there is there is noise that accompanies the music. It gets so loud sometimes I cant even hear the TV without turning it up real loud. I am very hard of hearing. I am ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND. I CANT SLEEP AT NIGHT. tHE NOISE KEEPS ME OFF BALANCE AND I CANT DO MY HOUSEWORK WITHOUT USING A CANE. tHE ONLY THING THAT HELPS ME IS LISTENING TO CDS WHHICH HELPS TONE IT DOWN. a NEUROLOGIST I SAW SAID IT COOULD BE SOMETHING PRESSING AGAINST MY AUDITORY NERVES. iS THAT POSSIBLE? wHAT CAN I DO?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hearing function and imaging of brain to evaluate.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

This form of auditory hallucinations ( i.e. musical ones ), may be caused by conditions such hearing loss, seizures, brainstem lesions ( stroke for example ), encephalitis, etc.

They differ from auditory hallucinations encountered in psychiatric disorders that consist mainly in hearing talking voices.

Examinations such hearing function evaluation and brain imaging ( MRI ) are necessary to understand better your condition.

Discuss with your Doctor about these issues and getting evaluated further.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T