Suggest remedies for anosmia

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Good Morning Doctor, My name is XXXX from Telangana, XXXXXXX I am 38yrs old. Since more than 2yrs I have lost smell sense totally. initially when I visited a known XXXXXXX General physician, he told me it is bcos of Smoking habit. So I quitted Smoking for almost 2yrs but till date the problem same. pls advise me how this can cured.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 31 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neurological and ENT check ups are needed.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist and would try my best to help you.

I have noted your symptoms. Firstly, you require an ENT check up to exclude any nasal (related to nose) disease. If ENT check up is normal, then, you would require a neurological check up. This is because the nerve involved in smell (olfactory nerve) starts in nose, and travels to brain.

Once the root cause of your lack of smell sense is identified, then, appropriate treatment can help you get better.

I sincerely hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,     
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/