Suggest remedies for anaphylactic reaction

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Recently I had an anaphylactic reaction to a prescription drug called Flexeral, what other types of meds are classed like muscle relaxers for me to be aware of so this doesn't happen again?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anaphylactic reactions are not drug related

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case.It is not possible to select group of medications which will have anaphylactic reaction in your case. Most of the time when a patient is allergic to one medicine he or she should be cautious in taking any medicine. I would specially warn you about these medications.
1.diclofenec sodium
2.Sulfa group like sulfonamide, sulfosalazine
3. Pencillin and cefulosporins group of antibiotics
So you should keep this list with you and show it to doctors whenever you have given some medicines.
Also keep tablet Avil with you, if you have any allergy after taking any medicine take that tablet immediately. It will help in controlling any such reactions.
I hope this answer will be useful for you.Let me know if their is any other followup questions.
Thanks