Suggest remedies for anal warts
Ive been to 2 seperate gum clinics for treatment of anal warts. The first time they were blasted with liquid nitrogen and a week or so later the area swelled up and became very inflamed and sore. I went to another walk in clinic and they gave me canestib cream and some soposiitories which were very effective.
A few weeks later i felt the warts return so went to the 2nd clinic where they again blasted with nitrogen and also gave me 'warton'. Ive just finished the first 3 days of application and now must not apply for 4 days (rest). The area is again very inflamed - can i use the canestib cream that i still have in my fridge to ease the swelling
Watch for 3-4 days; this is normal response following cryotherapy
Thank you for posting your query in Healthcaremagic.com.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
Thank you for providing a detailed history.
I understand your concern.
Nitrogen therapy or cryotherapy is used to treat local skin problems, genital warts being one of the commonest. Local blistering, swelling and redness i.e. inflammation is common phenomenon following such therapy and these subside by 1-2 weeks on their own. Generally, nothing needs to be done, however suppositories and local soothing cream application helps in long-standing cases.
This time, your doctor has also prescribed what I believe warticon cream which has podophyllotoxin used to treat genital warts. So it is better to give it some time and lets see how it turns out.
I believe the inflammation will reduce in 3-4 days to some extent. If it does not, then only you might need some treatment.
What you can do right now is to take oral anti-inflammatory medicine like aceclofenac or diclofenac with serratiopeptidase for 2-3 days. The cream can be tried later if required.
Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for warts on hand
- Why does hpv cause warts in the anal area
- Can dettol get rid of anal warts
- Dubai doctor treatment anal warts
- Suggest medicine for treating warts
- Not sure if it is sentinel pile or anal warts
- What is the remedy for genital warts
- I am due to have surgery soon for removal of anal warts gp
- Can dermovate cure anal warts
- Difference between sentinel pile and anal warts
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?