Suggest remedies for an infected acne between the testicles and intergluteal cleft

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 26 Jul 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have an acne bump that didn't grow all the way and it's just a bump trying to grow but doesn't. I tried popping it, but only a little fluid came out. it is located between the testicles and the butt crack. I don't know what over the counter medication to use or what to do. I also believe it may be an in-grown hair bump.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use a topical antibiotic ointment

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

I suggest you to apply a topical antibiotic e.g either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin 2 %ointment, twice daily. Neosporin ointment is available over the counter (OTC).

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 19 hours later

I bought a Neosporin ointment, it has Pain+Itch+Scar in it.

Not sure if it'll help with the inflammation of the bump (acne bump or in-grown hair bump). I still feel it's still there.

Can you tell me if it's more likely a in-grown hair bump or acne?

And I don't know if it's worth even trying to take out the pus now that I'm using Neosporin.

Also, can you tell me the best way to trim and shave hair on the butt for men? I don't want to get these kind of bumps in the future. Thanks :)
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding topical antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Most likely it is either ingrown hair or a bacterial skin and soft tissue infection. Neosporin ointment would help both.
The best way to deal with ingrown hairs is to avoiding shaving altogether. However, you may try either a hair removal / depillatory cream instead of shaving
and if that's not an option then perhaps discarding your old/blunt razor and replacing it with a new one every 2-3 shaves, using plenty of lather to ensure the hair is soft and then shaving along/ with the grain.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 25 hours later

Hope all is well.
Doesn't seem like the bump has gone down sense I've been using Neosporin.
I still feel the bump.
Not sure what other alternatives are out there for skin treatment of this bump.
It's sorta bothering because it's right above the crack of the butt but on the side of where the testicles is at.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload image

Detailed Answer:
Fine. Can you upload an image of it in "Reports Section"?

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 13 hours later

It's very visible. Butt is pretty hairy to where the hair makes it hard to see. I'll if I can see it myself by shining light on it. Will get back to you on this.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding a bump in groin region

Detailed Answer:
Ok. Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T