Suggest remedies for acute pain in jaw joint
Still waiting for a reply to my latest question
1. acute pain in the jaw joint can be relieved by using anti inflammatory medications like ibuprofen or ketoprofen.
2.an xray of jaw joint is needed to determine what is causing the pain: arthritis? bad teeth? trauma ?
3. Depending on the cause of pain, alternating hot and cold water compresses are recommended. specific treatment can be started once the final cause is determined.
All the best!
High doses of paracetamol alternating with following meds
As you are suffering from GERD too, can start take 2 tablets of paracetamol (around 1gram every 6 hours).
If still pain, can take naproxen or mephenamic acid once daily alternating with paracetamol. To protect your stomach from side effects, take otc ppis for 14 days.
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural remedies joint pain
- Acute hip joint pain
- Suggest treatment for joint pain and shoulder pain
- What is the remedy for joint pain
- Jaw pain remedies
- What is the remedy for jaw pain
- Suggest remedy for joint pain while being overweight
- What is the remedy for knee pain and joint pain
- Herbal remedies for joint pain
- What is the remedy for jaw joint pain