Suggest remedies for acne vulgaris on the nose

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello Doctor

My brother has got this on his nose..

Age : 16yrs Male..

Please advise further course of action..

He is already using Blood Purifier XXXXXXX Zandu Make.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Management of mild acne vulgaris

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic

I have reviewed the attached photographs and your brother is having mild grade of acne vulgaris.
It is a common disease seen in youngsters due to increased sebum production and hormonal disturbances.

If I was his treating doctor I would recommend him to use a salicylic acid facewash twice daily on nose and apply gel containing combination of benzoyl peroxide and adapelene on these bumps at night.

To start with I recommend my patients to apply the gel for one hour only and wash the face with plain water after 1 hour and gradually after every 3-4 days increase the time of application by 1 hour to 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours and then overnight.

Besides this ask him to keep his face dry, avoid oiling of scalp, avoid applying oily creams and avoid sugary foods.

Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj