Suggest remedies for acid reflux

Posted on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT CAUSES TRAPPED GAS IN THE CHEST AREA EVERY DAY?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
GERD

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your description it's likely to be GERD which is gastroesophageal Reflux disease. An ekg should be done primarily to rule out possible cardiac cause. PPI like lansoprazole along with prokinetics such as metoclopramide can be advised for empirical therapy to see for response. If there is inadequate response to the above then further investigations including h. pylori workup and an upper GI ENDOSCOPY can be considered. Lifestyle changes like avoiding caffeine , alcohol , chocolate and late night meals should also be implemented.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil