Suggest remedies for accidental over dose of Lasix

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Is 80mg of Lasix three times a day for five days, and then 80mg plus 40mg for the next five days too much Lasix to take? What are the risks?
YYYY@YYYY

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Big dose but ok if combined with other meds that save potassium

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using HCM to post your question.

I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

Yes it is a big dose. The main risk it is low levels of potassium in your husbands body which may lead to fainting and many other side effects.

But if his doctor has combined lasix with other drugs that save potassium and if his heart failure it is severe then maybe he needs it.

I hope I have answered your question.
Let me know if you have other questions or concerns. Otherwise please kindly close and rate the answer.
Dr.Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T