Suggest remedies for accidental over dose of Dolo 650

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Dolo 650 9 tablets taken one time
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you need to Visit your nearest ER at the earliest....

Detailed Answer:
Hello xxxxxxxxxxx, Welcome to HCM,

I've gone through your query and understand your concern..

Please note that daily maximum allowance of Paracetamol is 4 gm, 9 tablets of DOLO 650 mg (Paracetamol) is much higher than dose and potentially toxic and fulminant liver and renal failure if not managed immediately..

Please don't wait anymore and rush to your nearest ER/hospital for immediate detoxication measures, good news is there's also antidote available for paracetamol toxicity and if managed promptly in hospital, then outcome is also quite good..

Don't try to drive on your own and call for help , meanwhile drink plenty of water and try to induce vomiting if possible..no need to force for that, just go to the ER, they'll take care of that too..

There's will be need to be under strict medical supervision and several investigations(CBC, Blood Gas serial study, LFT and KFT along with toxicology screening)..

Time is the key here, please don't wait anymore and rush for the immediate management..

Let me know how you stay in the due course..

Take Care
Kind Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee