Suggest remedies for abdominal cramps after stopping Primolut N

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi.
I am currently taking primolut n to delay my period. I've been away for 2 days and couldn't take the pill. I have been having cramps and I'm worried my period might start -- can I continue using primolut to delay?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
When are your menses expected ?

Detailed Answer:

Primolut is only effective is started at least 3days to the expected date of your menses. If this is the case with you, I'd say you should start taking it. If you have less than three days but had started, I'd say continue. At the XXXXXXX possibilities are that it may fail but there remains a possibility that this can actually help postpone it.

I hope to hear from you. I wish you well. Keep me posted.

Kind regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee