Suggest remedies for a urinary meatus of the penis after a sexual encounter

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: recently opened up the urinary meatus to the bottom of the head of my penis. Also opened up the upper portion a small amount. This was done in a moment of sexual insanity. Will it grow closed again?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Torn Meatus

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You noticed a tear of the meatus of your penis after a sexual encounter. You are concerned that the tear will not heal. That is a concern and only time will tell if it heals back together. I would recommend that you see a urologist. They maybe able to repair the damage so you don't have the tear. This is the best advice I can give. Just allowing to heal naturally will probably give a less than acceptable outcome.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 45 minutes later
I have heard that the tissue on the Glans will not grow back together unless it is stitched. Is this true or are their a possibility it will grow back on its own?

If I do not repair the tear, will it cause any medical problems?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Meatus tear

Detailed Answer:
The skin can grow back but the edges need to be touching each other. The skin will not fill in the are torn apart. You can try using steristrips which are like small bandaids that pull tissue together. That may help allow for good healing. If the edges don't grow back then you will be left with a large opening. There is no medical consequences. You may have problem with urine flow and not being able to produce a good stream.

If you decide to use the steri-strips and it does not grow back you can always go to the urologist and they can repair the area with minor surgery

I hope this helps