Suggest remedies for a small white bump on the lips

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Lump
Question: Hello, I've had a small white bump on my lip for 24 hours. At first I thought it was a cold sore but it has not changed in shape. It also does not tingle like a cold sore would, and it is white, not transparent. It is under the skin. Please see attached photos. They're not very clear, sorry. It's the white bump in the middle of my lower lip, on the higher side. Thank you for your advice.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
most probably a retention cyst

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and the pictures.
Noted your history of small white bump on lower lip for 24 hours.
It is definitely not a cold sore.
This looks more like a small retention cyst of the lower lip.
Hence surely not to be worried about at the moment.
I would advise you to keep this under observation, see if it progresses further or not. It may resolve on its own.
Please send the follow up photos after a few days.

I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 2 days later
Hello , thanks for your helpful response. Please find attached the follow-up photo (4th one)
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It still looks like a retention cyst.

Detailed Answer:
Same diagnosis, looks a bit enlarged.
I hope there are no other symptoms.
Keep a watch and if it is enlarging, get this removed in-toto under local anesthesia.