Suggest remedies for a red blister behind the left thigh in a child
I would suggest oral antibiotics in addition to topical neosporin
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have reviewed the images.
I can see an eroded skin lesion with discharge and crusting as well as surrounding redness. This looks like a skin and soft tissue infection, most likely due to Staph aureus.
I would suggest an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin Or Cephalexin for a week. Kindly contact your primary care physician for a prescription of one of these. Topically you may continue with Neosporin ointment.
Please Don't cover it. Keep it open.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Large blister on inner thigh
- Blood blister inner thigh
- Blisters on thighs of toddler
- Red blister behind tonsil
- Suggest the remedy for blisters on gums
- Water blister on left inner thigh what could this be
- Herpes simplex blisters on thighs
- What causes red blisters in inner thighs
- Blisters on thigh that looked bruised
- Red irritated spot on thigh is it a blister