Suggest remedies for a rash on the penis

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi Doctor.

I have a penis rash issue. it's like a white thin layer which is slightly itchy and causes pain on the penis head with some soreness.

Had googled online three months ago and got flucloxocilin 500mg taken 4 times a day for a week. it helped and healed. but it tends to come back after a month. took another dose and same cycle again. it's back now. but it's less..still painful when I touch and also during full erection. There is a small cut on my foreskin from where the foreskin is attached or starts from. No release of fluids, it's dry.

Upon using a cream or baby oil the layer rubs out but leaves the head rather darker in color.
I don't feel any internal pains. No smell too. it's clean.

Please advice what it is and how this is caused. I am male 32 years old.

Thank you.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
fungal penile infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
tHE TYPICAL DESCRIPTION of ,"a white thin layer which is slightly itchy and causes pain on the penis head with some soreness" indicates a fungal lesion and hence the best form of diagnosis shall be a swab culture test to confirm the diagnosis.
If fungal infection is confirmed, then you should be placed on antifungals like FLUCONAZOLE 30mg once a week for 3 weeks. Flucloxacillin was an antibiotic, it reduces the fungus but doesn't treat it. So please get a swab culture test done before starting any treatment.