Suggest remedies for a purple bruise behind the hand

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been feeling bad , I am35 5'4 32 lbs . I had a spinal fusion in 2014 . I self XXXXXXX . My c-reactive protien cardiac is 5.09 my creatine levels have gone up about 20 points in the last 6 months . I now have a area on the back of ,y hand that is purpleish but dosnt look like a bruise . Any thoughts ?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be purpura, need coagulation profile

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be purpura due to deranged coagulation profile which may also be due to platelets dysfunction with kidney disease. Keeping in mind the deranged kidney profile, you need a strict follow up with your primary to keep repeating baselines at least every three months including renal functions, complete blood picture and serum electrolytes. However for current rash, it needs to be evaluated by your primary physician and it may need to be assessed for purpura due to disturbed clotting profile due to platelets dysfunction. Bleeding time, Pt and aptt alongwith platelets count may be needed. Unless no such derangement is found, no intervention is needed however monitor for any new onset bleeding or increase in the rash or development of rash else where.

Wishing you a steady and good health. Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj