Suggest remedies for a painful mouth ulcer

Dr. Divakara

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Dental Health
Question: Hi,

i am suffering from a painful mouth ulcer. as it is directly brishing with my upper teeth I am having a lot of pain. Also the lft tonsillitis is swollen.

Please tell what to do.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
It's due to infection.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

Swollen tonsils indicate infection. Most of the time it could be due to Bacterial infection like Streptococcus, this requires a course of antibiotics like Cefixime or Azithromycin. Kindly get a prescription for the antibiotic mentioned above.

The Ulcer could be due to irritation by sharp tooth , or because of vitamin deficiency or the same bacterial/viral infection could have caused the ulcer. It doesn't require much medications. I recommend you to use Quadragel or Zytee gel over the ulcer 3-4 times a day , avoid hot food and spicy food .

If possible kindly upload a p[picture of ulcer as if it is caused due to tooth irritation you may have to consult Dentist too.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D