Suggest remedies for a knot on upper right thigh post an injury

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I recently fell and had a bruise on my right upper thigh, the bruise is fading, but there is a knot, is this normal? And the knot hurts when you touch it.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not concerning

Detailed Answer:
Hi and Welcome.

This is probably small traumatic fibroma that occurs after hematoma under the skin becomes coagulated and hard.

It may hurt for short time but it will not cause problems in future and in most cases it disappear within within weeks.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 11 days later
I'm in bad health, problems with my back, degenerative disc disease, sciatica, etc. I am on Disability finally, after 2 years. My legs are burning due to fibromyalgia and am very depressed. I see my Doctor on the 28th and my husband will go with me and explain better what he sees in me.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
Yes, you have disorders which are not life threathening but have significant effect on quality of life. You should have extenive neurologic,rheumatologist work up and finds appropriate pain management and antidepressive management. You should also consider surgery of spine to decompress nerve. It is important to stay active and think positively, otherwise, your symptoms will worsen.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar