Suggest remedies for a drained bump on the groin area

Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 21 Apr 2016 in Lump
Question: have a bump on my groin for several days. has burst and drained for over 24 hours leave a hole. photo will explain more accurately. should I see a doctor in the ER on a very snowy day?

did you get reports
Answered by Dr. Rishi 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a burst Inguinal abscess. Need antibiotics.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam,
This is an abscess probably from the Inguinal lymph nodes.
You need a dressing with Betadine and evacuation of the pus inside, but that can be done tomorrow if today is inconvenient.
You need to start antibiotics like Tab Augmentin 625 mg thrice a day along with Tab Paracetamol 650mg thrice a day both on full stomach.
This will need to be had for a week.
Best would be to see a Surgeon, get a sample of the pus that is draining from the wound and to change antibiotics according to the culture report.
Therefore, start these medicines now please and then see a Surgeon tomorrow if possible.
Keep the area clean and covered,
Take care and let me know if there are other queries.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj