Suggest remedies for a dark scar on the lips
I had got hurt in 2007 at the depression just below my lower lip . I had applied undiluted dettol there and left the cotton too long which resultrd in burnt skin. The scar is still there although its just a small circle-ish dark area on the depression. I wanted to know the ways to remove the scar permanently, since I'm gettign married in July this year. Also please tell me whether laser surgery can help in this case.
Hard to remove without plastic surgery or laser surgery.
Thanks for asking on HealthCareMagic.
When there is a laceration, the area heals by deposition of scar tissue which is basically fibrous tissue and not the same tissue that originally formed the area. Hence a 'scar' is left.
Since the fibrous tissue remains, the scar does not resolve without laser therapy or plastic surgery which are the two options that you have and could help.
You may try applying Mederma Advanced Cream and see if it makes a difference. Discuss with your doctor before using.
If the area is not raw it is no use applyig Soframycin.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dark skin around chin suggest home remedy
- Home remedy for dark spots on lips
- Lip color changed from pink to dark brown remedies
- Have acne and scars on face suggest home remedies
- Suggest remedy for dark patches caused due to pimples
- Pimples dark spots blackheads scars on skin any suggestions
- Suggest medication for dark circles and dark lips
- Blister looking lump on outer edge of lip suggest remedy
- Suggest remedy to reduce pigmentation and scarring
- White line growing on my lower lip please suggest remedy