Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Suggest remedies for a corn on the bottom of the left foot

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10607 Questions
On the bottom of my left foot, on the ball of the foot, I have what seems like a small crater or hole(no broken skin) that has hard skin maybe callous. As I walk and build up more callous skin over the whole area and it thickens up, it starts to put pressure on this spot, it hurts.
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to a corn.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain at the bottom of the left foot with a hard skin is suggestive of a corn or callus formation. Chemical cautery with salicylic acid or removal of the corn surgically will help in decreasing the pain. You can use a soft sole shoes and a corn cap to decrease the pain. Doing a hot compress and a regular massage in the area will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor