Suggest remedies for a corn on the bottom of the left foot

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
On the bottom of my left foot, on the ball of the foot, I have what seems like a small crater or hole(no broken skin) that has hard skin maybe callous. As I walk and build up more callous skin over the whole area and it thickens up, it starts to put pressure on this spot, it hurts.
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to a corn.

Detailed Answer:
The pain at the bottom of the left foot with a hard skin is suggestive of a corn or callus formation. Chemical cautery with salicylic acid or removal of the corn surgically will help in decreasing the pain. You can use a soft sole shoes and a corn cap to decrease the pain. Doing a hot compress and a regular massage in the area will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal