• question-icon

Suggest remedies for a boil near the anus

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in General Health
Question: hi doctor I'm having a boil near my anus what to do
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A few instructions to follow and you should be fine in no time

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Here are my recommendations ma'am:

+Keep the region clean and dry at all times
+Do not try and pop it
+Apply a warm compress over the region several times a day
+Take sitz baths with epsom salt as many times a day as possible
+As soon as it pops, start applying a topical antibiotic ointment (e.g. neosporin) over the region and cover using a sterile dressing (to be changed twice daily)
+Use any oral pain management medication that suits you to help relieve pain and swelling
+Make sure you wash and dry off well enough after passing your bowels, do not leave the region damp or wet

Follow these instructions and you should be fine in no time ma'am. I hope you find my response helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan