Suggest remedies for IBS D with procto-sigmoditis and colitis

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am having leftside colitis & ibs& gastric for 7years .What medicine to take to heal..& pass stood 3 to 4 times aday
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
IBS D(diarrhoea) with procto-sigmoditis/with Colitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear !! Thanks for your query to HCM.
I reviewed facts of your query in context to your health issues.

My Opinion-

In My opinion, in the given situation you seem to suffer from-IBS D(diarrhoea) with procto-sigmoditis/with Colitis.

Simple proctoscopy/ and or-Colonoscopy by GI endocopic Surgeon, would help you to resolve this issue.

Other causes like-piles / fissure in ano/ Ulcerative Colitis/ Diverticulitis,Polyposis coli needs to be ruled out in consults with GI Surgeon.

Other causes for such complaints need to be ruled out asap, with Consults from General Physician and Surgeon, if need be.

If after the treatment thereafter from GI endoscopic Surgeon is not giving relief to you.Initially just follow on suggested lines.

Test your stools for Cl.Difficile, which needs to be ruled out in your case.

Do's Suggested-

Avoid outside/street counter foods.
Be on Bland, preferably vegetarian home made / liquid diet with hygienic food cooking habits.
Non-spicy diet with less of solids initially, to be changed to solids gradually.

Antibiotics-like- Ciprofloxacin/ with Ornidazole/Metranidazole-combination- for 10 days
Cap Imodium 1 x 2 times a day x 5 days.
Cap Multivitamins with magnesium/ zinc 1 x 1 month
all above medicines need to be taken with script from your family doctor, please.
Youghurt and butter milk 2 times a day x 2-3 weeks
Tab Lactobacillus ds-1 x 2 times a day.(or Velgut could be continued)

Next appointment-

After 2 weeks to review treatment for existing left colitis with Gastric problem .

If you update more information/ details upon these suggestions, I would give further suggestions on medicines to correct your health issues.

If need be, update any health issue 24 x 7 by a direct question to ME, at following HCM link-http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=70229

Dear, if you don't have any further query in this regard, Do close this query with YOUR pleasing and feedback comments to rate this reply and service, to boost the morale of incoming Emergency patients like YOU, at HCM services.

If you want to update more details and ask more update queries ,
You are most Welcome herewith !!

Good Day!!

Wishing Good Healthy Life in time to come!!

Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Mukund Savaskar 12 hours later
What about vegas od treatment
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear !! Thanks for your updated query to HCM.
On reviewing your query,you don't seem to have ulcerative colitis in your case.
Mesalamine-/ or Vegas Od-is a very specific drug, if the diarrhoea is accompanied with blood as it's ther in Ulcerative Colitis.

Dear, in the given situation, Vegas-Od is not recommended in your case,for above reasons.
Please follow do's suggested for 2 weeks.and keep Me updated on the progress of the disease.
Dear, its the diet and the drugs if need be,which needs to be concentrated in your case.If you change your diet as advised, I am sure that your colitis and diarrhoea would be controlled in 1-2 weeks time.
Dear, colitis of 7 yrs history is not a simple case to be treated.
Just follow My expert suggestions,which would correct defects and imbalance in your colonic and small bowel health.
Add Antispasmodics with antibiotics- as suggested in last reply.
Hence antibiotics / diet / anti-spasmodics-like Clinidium with chlordizepoxide,would take care of the bowel irritability and would control the IBS with diarrhoea and spastic sigmoid colon, which is giving left lower quadrant
pain in your case .
Take Velgut regularly.
but adding Yoghhurt / butter milk 2 times a day, is more beneficial,than any drug given.
And for all these reasons, I didn't comment anything about Vegas od addition.

Hope this reply would satisfy your query about Vegas od.

Next appointment-

If need be, do update any health issue 24 x 7 by a direct question to ME, at following HCM link-http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=70229

Dear, if you don't have any further query in this regard, Do close this query with YOUR pleasing and feedback comments to rate this reply and service, to boost the morale of incoming Emergency needy patients like YOU, at HCM services.

You are most Welcome herewith !!

Good Day!!

M.S.Genl-CVTS
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T