Suggest remedies for ADD while on Vyvanse

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
I’ve taken Vyvanse 70 mg for adult ADD for several years. I’d like to go off of the medication because my high deductible plan. I can manage me ADD, but my appetite goes up when I don’t take XXXXXXX Vyvanse. Can you make a suggestion?
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Bupropion can be used

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

It seems to me that you have mild ADD which can be managed with second like medications such as Bupropion which also helps in keeping appetite under control.

The second option is to taper the medication ( vyvanse) slowly to a level which keeps balance between cost, add symptoms and appetite.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.