question-icon

Suggest remdies for a bruise under the skin on liver

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016
Question: I found out in 2010 that I had 2 liver liesions that showed up on a cat scan.I have not had them checked again until recently 1 of them they say looks like a bruise undermy skin on my liver.the other liesion has turned into a cyst on my right sideof my liver I have pain there in that area a lot.i am schedule to go c a doc gastroligist for him to check it out and I am to have a colon oscupy to because I have a history of cancerous polups im supposed to go once a year and this will be the first in 8 years.I also just found out I have hep c. so I guess im wondering what my all of this may realistically be?

Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
See next

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
The main question is if surgery is required or not. Well,I think not since these are very probably just simple cyst and hemangioma. If there is no liver cirrhosis then risk of these lesion to become malignant,is very low. I don't think your pain is related to this unless these are larger than 10cm. pain may be caused by gallbladder issue or hepatitis alone. you should just habe frequent CT follow ups every 6 months and check alfa feto protein. wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon