Suggest rashes in groin area

Posted on Fri, 4 Dec 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: yes please I have developed a rash on the inside of both legs in my groin area.
ichy and dark color skin in the area what is it and what should I apply?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Jock itch. Needs antifungals.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Rash in groin area with itching is likely a jock itch. You have been using hydrocortisone cream as well as diprolene ointment. Both of these are corticosteroids. You need some antifungal ointment , lotion , powder or spray all available over the counter for the area and use it at least twice a day for at least 10 days.

Also hygiene modification, keeping the area hair free and avoiding sweating down there and wearing loose airy undergarments preferably cotton will help. Wait for the symptoms to resolve and hope for the best.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2012

Answered : 3614 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Diprolene

doctor1 MD

Hi my pubic hair is very dry and irritated when its growing back

doctor1 MD

The right side of my tongue felt like I had bit it but didn't. It started about 2 hours ago. It is not painful but is more than twice the size of...

doctor1 MD

Hi I have recently gotten a cut in my mouth from getting hit with a soccer ball and getting my inner lip cut by my braces. I have been applying...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

193 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction