Suggest rashes in groin area
ichy and dark color skin in the area what is it and what should I apply?
Jock itch. Needs antifungals.
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Rash in groin area with itching is likely a jock itch. You have been using hydrocortisone cream as well as diprolene ointment. Both of these are corticosteroids. You need some antifungal ointment , lotion , powder or spray all available over the counter for the area and use it at least twice a day for at least 10 days.
Also hygiene modification, keeping the area hair free and avoiding sweating down there and wearing loose airy undergarments preferably cotton will help. Wait for the symptoms to resolve and hope for the best.
I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Toddler groin rash
- Frequent urine groin rash
- Suggest treatment for lesion in the groin
- Rash on groin and gluteal folds
- Suggest treatment for itching in the groin
- Rash on chest and groin
- Flaky white rash in groin
- Purple rash in groin arearefractory groin rash
- What treatment is suggested for severe rash in groin area
- Underarm groin rash