Suggest rashes in groin area

Posted on Fri, 4 Dec 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: yes please I have developed a rash on the inside of both legs in my groin area.
ichy and dark color skin in the area what is it and what should I apply?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Jock itch. Needs antifungals.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Rash in groin area with itching is likely a jock itch. You have been using hydrocortisone cream as well as diprolene ointment. Both of these are corticosteroids. You need some antifungal ointment , lotion , powder or spray all available over the counter for the area and use it at least twice a day for at least 10 days.

Also hygiene modification, keeping the area hair free and avoiding sweating down there and wearing loose airy undergarments preferably cotton will help. Wait for the symptoms to resolve and hope for the best.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan